If you’re my student…

I’ve asked my Comp 1 and�Intro to College�students to�start blogs this week.� I didn’t really explain why very well.

If you’re a Comp 1 student,�your blog�is primarily a place to do some journalling, but in a fairly public setting.� Starting next week, you’ll be required to post at least once a week.� The post should be at least 150 words and can be about whatever you want, at first.� Later, I may give you some directed topics – responses to things we read, for example.� In addition, I’ll ask you to reply to at least two of your peers’ blogs each week.� That way an audience gets manufactured.� I may think of other ways to use this blog.� You never know…

If you’re an Intro to College student, then�your blog is a place where you’ll post some documents to help you make good decisions as you move toward completing a program of some kind.� For starters, you’ll put some goals here.� Later, we’ll check up on you to see if you’ve met any of your goals.� You might create a resume here.� You might do some career planning here.� You might post something I haven’t thought of here.� You never know…

Anyway, welcome!� Stay tuned.

This entry was posted in Students. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to If you’re my student…

1. agdixon says:

Hi Steve I don’t know if this stuff is actually going through, but my husband just informed me dinner was ready so I’ll send this for now and you can let me know tomorrow it you got it. Thanks northern lights Marie