April 6th, 2018 9:00
Student Life Conference Room
Trex recycling challenge wrap up
Soft plastics recycling-new hauler: A1 $25/pick-up
S-building landscape discussion with Shoreview Natives (update and certification options from Dan)
“Certifying a pollinator site is a cinch. There are a couple of options:
- Certified Monarch Waystation – The Monarch Watch program sponsors this out of Kansas University. Good program to support, pretty popular to certify with them.
- National Wildlife Federation Habitat Certification – NWF has a habitat certification program that this installation would qualify for.
- Xerces Society– Xerces is an international invertebrate conservation NGO, kind of nice to promote them, and the sign is very descriptive of what the site accomplishes.
- Wild Ones Butterfly Garden – Wild Ones has a robust chapter in the Arrowhead, I think I saw you present with them one time…? They have a nice looking sign
All of these are $20-30 to certify, so pretty affordable.”
MAP #3 – “Distinctions” Task Force: Leadership in Sustainability focus from existing courses
MREA PV Development for Institutions Course: quick update, press release
Earth Day (April 19th) update and last-minute thoughts
- Café taste testing plan (Connie)
- Used clothing shop
- Tree planting, May 3rd and 4th, site prep planning
- Promotion so far, other ideas?
- Garden Mentorship participant update
Boreal Natives and Shoreview Natives update
Summer groundskeeping and trails manger student employee needed
Work Group and Student Employee Reports
GreenCorps project(s) update (Chris)
- Appliance/technology proposal(s)
- Green Office Challenge
FY 18 budget balance: $2,796.65
Encumbrances to date:
- Earth Day supplies and cookies: -271
- Shoreview Natives: -3,000
- Prairie Restorations: -700
- Amazon (smart strips): -275
- Amazon (pruners, compost bags for campus): -87.67
- RSPT annual membership: -330
- Menards: -300
- Atrium soil, potting soil, landscape tools
- Mileage reimbursement: MPCA site supervisor training: -160.50
- Mileage B3 luncheon: -167.99
- B3 luncheon registration: -27.37
- AASHE annual membership: -280
- Print/postage: -36.47
Review/revise FY18 potential budget items
- Smart strips
- Energy-related requests/ideas?
- Bottle filling station for Atrium?
- Picnic table under H catwalk, or Student Life area?
- Interpretive Trail bench, trash/recycling cans, exclosures
- Sustainability kiosk: pamphlet holder, plastic bag bin
Friday, May 4th, 9:00