Members present: Kevin Futhey, Britt Johnson, Carol Johnson, Diane Morin, Deanne Roquet
Diane announced she is leaving LSC for an Assistant Principal position at Proctor High School.
Diane and Carol have been discussing a flowchart for the organization of the Environmental Council. Diane will put together the flowchart and give it to Carol before her departure. The council discussed the need to organize and set goals and responsibilities as a council. Deb Rowe will likely provide input on this matter.
Duty Day (August 18, 2009):
- Deanne went over the list of those attending the dinner with Deb Rowe at 5:30pm on Monday, August 17 at Va Bene. Those attending include: Deb, Kevin, Britt, Carol, Cliff, Julius, Jim, Connie, Wade, and Kate Worley of WasteWise.
- Deanne and Wade will have a phone conference with Deb Rowe to discuss specifics of Deb Rowe’s visit. They will also confirm that she will be paid a stipend $4750 to include expenses.
- Deanne and Carol will be picking up Deb Rowe from the airport at 1pm on Monday, August 17. They will show her around Duluth until she is able to check into her hotel room at 3pm. At 5:30pm Deb will meet others at Va Bene.
- Deanne will pick up Deb Rowe in the morning for breakfast and be to LSC by 8am.
- Deanne will introduce Deb Rowe for her key note speech.
- Heather Grillo has agreed to provide, through Student Life, an Erbert’s and Gerbert’s lunch for Deb Rowe with LSC students. Student Senate President Robert Scott is unable to attend. It is hoped Erin Gregor, Connie Jamieson, and others will be able to attend.
- Julius will be presenting with Carol on the Environmental Council for duty day breakout sessions. He will not be available to host AJ Matthew’s from WLSSD in her breakout session. Kevin will locate a host.
No motions were made at this meeting.
The next Environmental Council meeting will take place at 11:00am on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 in the Workforce Development Conference room.