Why Toddlers Don’t Need Naps

Yes, that is my topic. Since I am a mom of two I figured I would have some hands on experience to recall for my research. I have two adventurous girls who don’t like to miss out on anything. My almost 2 year old is quiet and sweet. She is a thinker and fiercely independent. She slept through the night when she was only 2 months old and never looked back. She demands naps before anything else takes place. She takes time to renew and restore her graceful heart. My 3 year old… oh she will move mountains. She is the one that does not think but does. She will jump all in, whether it be dress up or painting, it consumes her.  She has authentic imagination that takes her more places than I could have ever imagined. This wild energy of hers in a fire storm. A fire storm that does not stop for mundane simplicity. She does not rest. With no rest come melt downs. Melt downs that will make any parent crawl back in a hole and question their sanity. I am looking forward to writing this one because there have been many times where I have laughed insanely while my toddler throws cans of soup with furious sleepiness in aisle 9 at the grocery store while others point and stare as they question my mental status.