PTA Basic Refresher Course (2 credits – PTA 2780)
Offered online each semester; for current offerings or to register, go to Lake Superior College’s course schedule (or, go to LSC’s home page at www.lsc.edu and click on “course schedule”)
The course is offered spring and fall semesters and runs for 16 weeks. Questions? View the FAQ (link on the top of this page).
1. Within a given unit (usually two weeks long), students complete course assignments and readings at their own pace, and they are encouraged to follow the weekly class schedule (see below) so as not to fall behind.
2. The course is held completely online, so RELIABLE high-speed access to the internet is required.
3. There is no set time of day or day of the week that students need to be online, although students should plan to spend at least 8-10 hours per week studying for the course and completing course assignments.
4. **The longer time out of the field, the more time a student will need to spend studying and reviewing. This course is the first step for those out of the field for many years; it may not be the only step you need to take to refresh your knowledge and re-enter the field.
5. Interaction with the instructor and other students occurs via e-mail and a course discussion board, organized by week and topic.
6. Students submit assignments via discussion board posting, assignments dropbox and by completing quizzes. Instructions are provided. Basic computer skills are expected.
**Detailed Class Schedule (including content covered each week) – this is approximate and subject to change
Prerequisites: graduate of CAPTE-accredited physical therapist assistant program or consent of instructor. We take your word for this, and it is not required that you send a transcript. The course is also taken as a graduation requirement for LSC PTA Military bridge students.
Text, References, and supplies: PTAEXAM: The Complete Study Guide, by Scott Giles (2020 edition); available through http://www.scorebuilders.com (cost is approximately $75-$85). Book should be purchased directly from Scorebuilders prior to the start of the class. This book is not available in the LSC bookstore.
To register for the course, go to: https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/search/basic.html?campusid=302. VISIT THE FAQ PAGE (link above) if you need help registering.
For more information about the course itself, please contact Heidi Ramsdell via e-mail at email@example.com. For technical difficulties with registration, please call the LSC Help Desk at (218) 733-1016 during daytime hours. Please read the FAQ first.