Jessica Bortolus, TRIO SSS Advisor

Welcome to TRIO Student Support Services!

My name is Jessica Bortolus. I am one of the fabulous TRIO SSS team members. I started at here at Lake Superior College in February 2018, having previously worked with the TRIO McNair Scholars Program at the College of St. Scholastica.

Ironically, the College of St. Scholastica is also my alma mater. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts in Global, Cultural, and Language studies with a minor in German and Economics and, later, my Master of Business Administration in Leadership and Change.

While I was an undergraduate student at the College of St. Scholastica, I also participated in the TRIO Student Support Services and the TRIO McNair Scholars Program as a first-generation, low-income student. Through my personal, educational and professional experiences, I discovered that I loved college-level TRIO programs and have worked in them ever since.  Because of my first-hand student experience, I approach advising through an appreciative lens encouraging students to discover, dream, and design.

Admittedly, in my free time, I enjoy reading, binge watching Netflix and playing with (or, in their opinions, annoying) my two cats, Sassafras and Chunk. Since I first moved to Duluth, I found I really enjoy strolling along the Lakewalk and, weather-depending, reading a book on a bench. If you ever need suggestions on activities around Duluth, let’s connect because I have explored a fair amount of this wonderful area!

Jessica Bortolus

Jessica Bortolus
TRIO SSS Advisor
(218) 733-7704
jessica.bortolus@lsc.edu