Accessible Training Schedule for Spring 2020
Let’s work together on making our work documents accessible. Bring your work documents that will be shared with the public either by web posting, email, or D2L course to one or all of these training and open lab sessions. Come to any one or all of the session to get support and learn how to make your documents accessible.
This semester all training sessions and open labs will be held in the Library Technology Center L185 (formerly E1022).
Hands-on Training Sessions
Dates and times still to be determined but there will be a session each month:
- Wednesday, February 12th 2-3:30 PM- Creating Accessible Documents (ROAD D2L course equivalent*)
- Wednesday, March 18th 2-3:30 PM – Creating Accessible PDFs using Adobe Acrobat
- Tuesday, March 24th 10-11:30 AM – Creating Accessible Documents (ROAD D2L course equivalent*)
- Wednesday, April 22nd 2-3:30 PM – Creating Accessible Documents (ROAD D2L course equivalent*)
Open Lab Training Sessions
Come any time during the 2-hour block with your accessibility related questions. While these open labs are during a week with a training session, you don’t need to attend the training to come to the open lab.
- Friday, February 14th 1-3 PM – Accessibility Help
- Friday, March 27th 10AM-Noon – Accessibility Help
- Friday, April 24th 1-3 PM – Accessibility Help
*If you’re currently taking the ROAD D2L Course, you’ll receive credit in the course for attending a training session and submitting an accessible document for review.
VidGrid training offered on campus and online from the VidGrid website.
CAST Professional Learning – Free UDL Resources and Tips
Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators – Collaboration between Portland Community College and D2L