- Clinical Education Handbook for Clinical Sites (you need Acrobat Reader to view this file)
- Description of Clinical Experiences (choose PTA and spring semester to view Clinical Internship 1 and 2 course descriptions, as well as Clinical Experience II. For Clinical Experiences I and III, view fall semester)
- Guidelines for Supervising Students (includes guidelines related to state practice acts and Medicare)
- Frequently-Asked Questions about the Clinical Performance Instrument (CPI)
- Professional Behaviors
- Liability Insurance (Memorandum of Insurance)
- PTA Program Home Page
- LSC On-Campus Physical Therapy Clinic
- Link to APTA Education Section Home Page
- Skills Taught in the PTA Program
- Clinical Instructor Self-Assessment Survey
CLINICAL FACULTY DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
The LSC Physical Therapist Assistant Program is grateful to the physical therapists and physical therapist assistants who serve as clinical instructors for our students during their part-time and full-time clinical experiences. Without the time and energy you give, our students could not graduate and become gainfully employed as PTAs.
We recognize there are pros and cons to taking students, and that having a student can be challenging from a time-management, reimbursement, and/or productivity standpoint. We hope the resources provided below will encourage a successful experience for both you and your student. These resources were not created by Lake Superior College but are links from other programs and health care organizations.