The Practical Nursing/PN Military Medic Program is a 40 credit diploma and designed for students who are military medics to complete a two-semester program of study after completing pre-technical courses/requirements, in practical nursing that utilizes both theory and clinical course work as well as laboratory simulation. Upon completion of this program, graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses). Once licensed, graduates of this program are eligible to apply to LSC’s Nursing AS Advanced Standing LPN Track to further their education in nursing.
• Adapt to the diverse and ever-changing roles of the professional nurse in a variety of health care systems.
• Integrate critical reasoning and evidence based practice while providing safe and competent care to clients in all stages of development and at any point in the health/illness continuum.
• Utilize the nursing process in meeting the health care needs of individuals of diverse sociocultural identities across the lifespan
• Interact effectively with clients, peers, and members of other health care disciplines utilizing current technologies.
• Provide nursing care that is reflective of the ethics and values of the nursing profession and to be mindful of each client’s inherent worth and dignity.
• Assess patterns and activities that may lead to unsafe practice.
The Practical Program at Lake Superior College is approved by the MN Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. is located at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, in Atlanta, Georgia 30326. For more information, visit ACEN’s website at www.acenursing.org
For additional information on the most current list of LSC program articulations see us at:
http://www.mntransfer.org/students/plan/s_agreements.php and the College of St. Scholastica
Allied Health and Nursing site – http://blogs.lsc.edu/alliedhealthnursing/