Members present: Jim Drake, Wade Gordon, Britt Johnson, Carol Johnson, Cliff Koski, Deanne Roquet
Minnesota GreenCorps: Minnesota GreenCorps is a new program, coordinated by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. It provides opportunities for college graduates to spend a year of service acquiring useful skills while supporting high-priority environmental activities at the local level throughout Minnesota. Members will ideally be placed in pairs around the state, though not necessarily at the same site. Deanne will work on the application to be a host site for one member, coordinated with an application from the city of Duluth for another member.
Duty Day (August 18, 2009):
- Deanne and Wade will arrange a phone conference with Deb Rowe to discuss specifics
- Cliff and Britt will arrange a phone conference with Deb to discuss the GHG inventory
- The “invite” list for Deb’s afternoon breakout session is established. Deanne will notify these people via email.
- Deb will have lunch with LSC students on duty day
- Deb will have dinner with specific LSC members Monday evening before duty day
- Wade is arranging a breakfast meeting for Deb and Kathy Nelson
- The “invite only” breakout session with Deb is being moved to the second session
- Theresa will not do a breakout session on home composting.
Living Green Conference: Wade will seek support of LSC administration in hosting the Living Green Conference. Wade requested the Environmental Council write a letter of support to host the Living Green Conference as a campus.
No motions were made at this meeting.
The next Environmental Council meeting will take place at 11:00am on Wednesday, August 5, 2009 in the Workforce Development Conference room.