Details About the Course
PTA Basic Refresher Course (2 credits – PTA 2780)
Offered online each semester; for current offerings or to register, go to Lake Superior College’s course schedule (or, go to LSC’s home page at www.lsc.edu and click on “course schedule”)
Next course starts October 2014. Registration opens mid-April. Questions? View the FAQ on the right side of this page.
1. Students complete course assignments and readings at their own pace, though they are encouraged to follow the class schedule so as not to fall behind.
2. The course is held completely online, so RELIABLE high-speed access to the internet is required.
3. There is no set time of day or day of the week that students need to be online, although students should plan to spend at least 8-12 hours per week studying for the course and completing course assignments.
4. **The longer time out of the field, the more time a student will need to spend studying and reviewing. This course is a first step for those out of the field 10 or more years; it may not be the only step you need to take to refresh your knowledge.
5. Interaction with the instructor and other students occurs via e-mail and a course bulletin board, organized by week and topic.
6. Students submit assignments via discussion board posting and by completing quizzes. Instructions are provided. Basic computer skills are expected.
Prerequisites: graduate of CAPTE-accredited physical therapist assistant program or consent of instructor. We take your word for this, and it is not required that you send a transcript.
Text, References, and supplies: PTAEXAM: The Complete Study Guide, by Scott Giles (2012 or 2013 Edition); available through http://www.scorebuilders.com (cost is $75.00). Book should be purchased prior to the start of the class. NOTE: If you have the 2005, 2007, 2008, or 2010 edition, that’s fine.
To register for the course, go to: https://webproc.mnscu.edu/registration/search/basic.html?campusid=302. VISIT THE FAQ PAGE (link above) if you need help registering.
Cost: approximately $450 including tuition and fees (this does not include the cost of the course textbook). For current tuition and fees, go to http://www.lsc.edu/TuitionFees/index.cfm or call the LSC Business Office at (800) 432-2884 (ask for the Business Office). You will also be able to see exact fees for the course on the course description page as you begin the registration process.
For more information about the course itself, please contact Jane Worley via e-mail at email@example.com, or via telephone at (800) 432-2884, extension 7632 or locally at 733-7632. For technical difficulties with registration, please call the LSC Help Desk at (218) 733-1016 during daytime hours. Please read the FAQ first.